Sales and Lettings Executive
Full-time – Permanent
Square Gardens by Downing Living is centred around green and open landscaped spaces. Fundamental to our brand is delivering a sustainable place to live and gather with exclusive shared resident amenities and services.
Responsible for activities relating to the sales and lease up of Square Gardens which is 1900 co-living beds with phase 1 consisting of 1187 beds due August 2024 and further 713 beds in March 2025.
Based at Square Gardens you will be the first point of contact responsible for meeting the lease up targets and the ongoing letting of apartments.
You will provide our residents with a positive and memorable leasing experience, and be part of a vibrant, effective, and supportive team to ensure you smash your goals and deliver an exceptional level of service to all our residents.
You will be responsible for achieving high occupancy, working as part of the team to support retention, and 5* customer satisfaction. Ensuring all services are carried out and are delivered accurately and, in a cost-effective manner.
The role requires a hands-on approach to work alongside the operational teams together with sub-contractors to maintain the smooth running of our impressive Square Gardens development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working to achieve maximum occupancy of the scheme and implement effective sales and marketing strategy.
- Work alongside the Ops team to ensure that all sales targets and customer satisfaction plans for the site are achieved.
- Encourage loyalty with our existing customers, increasing rebooking and word of mouth sales.
- Develop existing and attract new partnerships with 3rd parties, agents and new direct let customers.
- Optimise the sales funnel for each potential client and effectively coordinate lettings.
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers and tenants.
- Support and be proactive in a great team environment.
Manage the lettings
- Plan the availability and viewing (both in person and virtual) of all rooms to let and conduct tours / viewing.
- Contribute to achieving all monthly lettings targets to ensure the site is 100% let year on year.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure literature and marketing material is appropriate, accurately reflecting the accommodation and services provided.
- Help to develop and build strong relationships with 3rd party businesses and educational providers, arranging meetings/site tours to promote the scheme and the Build to Rent Portfolio
- Represent Downing at local housing fairs and other promotional events.
- Ensure all sales enquiries are documented, uploaded to our CRM system, and followed up in an efficient manner.
- Increase the profile of the scheme.
- Maintain marketing collateral and ensure that the show flat is promoted in the best way.
- Maximise non-core income e.g., promoting extensions.
- Carry out daily inspections of the show flat and building and update the site manager of any issues that need to be addressed.
- Produce all weekly sales reports relevant for the management of the site to include sales overview, competitor analysis and price tracking, retention and arrears and present any other ad hoc sales and marketing reports as required.
Ensure we provide the best possible service to all customers, staff, and visitors
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients, and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of Downing policies and using initiative to respond accordingly.
- Ensure all customer sales enquiries are responded to positively and professionally, in a timely manner and followed up.
- Ensure a warm, welcoming environment for all residents and visitors to the site.
- Host regular events/activities to enhance customer experience, drive engagement and promote retention.
- Regularly provide high standards of social media content to promote the building.
Ensure all company policies are adhered to
- Behave in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and current Data Protection Policy.
- Follow all legislation and company policies.
Attributes & Skills
- Strong salesperson with hands on approach, and proven track record in achieving targets within a challenging environment. (Experience within the Manchester market an advantage).
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences, ideally with experience of working with international customers.
- Able to proactively identify new customer and Institution partnership opportunities.
- Use initiative to enhance the reputation of the building and think outside of the box to increase business revenue.
- Possess a friendly, confident and engaging personality, able to communicate effectively and professionally, build strong relationships and monitor incentives with current and potential residents and 3rd party agencies.
- Ability to influence, adapt and be motivated in exceeding resident expectations and sales targets.
- Professional presentation, confident and outgoing in nature.
- Strong organisational, time-management and administrational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task.
- Adaptable, able to learn quickly and use own initiative – thrives under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and IT (MS Office, Excel, Property Management System (PMS) and a Customer Relation Management System (CRM)
- Culturally aware and able to adapt communication style as required.
- Local understanding and knowledge of the city, its people, culture, and social scene an advantage
Hours of work
- 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day
- Hours of work: Between 8:00 & 19:00
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday with 1 Saturday in 5 on a rota basis.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Scheme