Due to ongoing expansion, a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Development Surveyor to join our team in Head Office.
Working as part of our development team, and reporting directly to the Development Director, you will be responsible for running a number of development projects from inception to completion. The projects are predominantly within Purpose Built Student Accommodation and Co-Living developments, as well as a number of commercial development projects.
We are a family-owned and market leading real estate investment, development, and management business; highly regarded across both commercial and student accommodation sectors, with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver best-in-class developments, with over £2bn of developments successfully completed to date. We have a further £1.6bn in the pipeline and over £1bn under management.
Our recent projects include:
- Development of several thousand PBSA beds across the UK including
- Vega, our 841 bed Student scheme, in Vauxhall, London
- The Mont, a 341-bedroom PBSA scheme in Edinburgh City Centre
- Miles Yard, a purpose built, Grade A office scheme, circa 28,000 ft², in Vauxhall, London
- Grade A refurbishment of No.1 Old Hall Street, a 65,000ft², multi-tenanted commercial scheme in Liverpool City Centre.
We are also developing one of the largest residential developments in Manchester – Square Gardens, at First Street, which is to provide 2,224 apartment beds, along with a host of commercial retail/ leisure suites to let, including one of the largest outdoor spaces in the city which is connected to a residential offering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acting as the primary project manager on large schemes.
- Appointing and managing the design team.
- Managing the planning application process.
- Taking the project through the tender process and the Building Safety Act Gateway Processes.
- Acting as the Employer’s Agent and managing the process on site.
- Assisting in producing development appraisals and managing development costs to ensure they are controlled and stated returns are obtained.
- Provide accurate and timely advice for the efficient reporting to the group board.
- Manage and report on project financial budgets ensuring complete transparency throughout the process.
- Manage necessary due diligence processes, including preparing briefs for third party advisors.
- To work across a number of cities, being based in Liverpool, but with travel to other UK cities as required.
- Acting as a senior representative of the Downing team in meetings with third parties.
- Preferably MRICS Qualified with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in delivering large scale residential developments.
- Experience of planning procedures within professional guidelines.
- Experienced overseeing multiple external consultants.
- Used to working to own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and develop relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Car allowance.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life Assurance cover.
- Employee Assistance Program.